Ephemera by Briana Loewinsohn

       

         Ephemera by Briana Loewinsohn is a graphic novel memoir about the death of the author’s mother. Loewinsohn’s art was gorgeous and unique and I appreciated how she explored her feelings through plants. I was hoping for a little more of a story, but the novel was mostly visual. I felt connected to the author’s story and her symbolism, but it still felt like it was lacking a little. I want to review more about it, but I feel like there’s not much more that I could add.
        Overall, I enjoyed the graphic novel and it was a fast read, but I don’t think I would read it again. Personally, I’d rate it a 3/5.

Quotes
  • Dedication Page

    • For my mum and other things that were not built to last.

  • Page 157

    • Understand why we weren't enough.

  • Page 162

    • I always envied the camellias. 

    • They grow without strain- such an easy, solid plant.

    • Not like me. For me the world was so hard. I could never figure it out.

Comments

Popular Posts